Exfoliation is the process of removing dead cells that are accumulated over the skin. Even if you wash and cleanse your face every day, it is difficult to get rid of dead skin cells completely even with the best skin care products. The best face wash may help in eliminating the superficial build up on the face, but they cannot completely dig up the dirt that seeped in to your skin.
Here comes exfoliation to help you to remove the dead skin, black heads and white heads and helps to smoothen the skin. Exfoliation helps your skin to have radiance that none other process can achieve. To make your skin beautiful and glowing, it is important you make this process an important part of your skincare routine.
With a million products in the market, it is important to decide which product to select for your skin. Products containing plastic, chemicals can cause more damage than good.
What to Use as Exfoliator?
There are many skin care products available to exfoliate your skin. But when you can mix some of the ingredients you have at home to make a good exfoliator, why buy chemical products? Home based products are safe without any side effects.
For radiant glowing skin, these easy to make face scrubs are very helpful in reviving, rejuvenating and adding freshness to your skin.
The caffeine in coffee helps in improving blood circulation and stimulates the skin resulting in radiant and youthful skin. Coffee also contains anti-oxidants and protects the skin against UV rays and prevents the loss of moisture.
How to use:
- Mix three teaspoons of freshly ground coffee with half cup of yogurt.
- Blend the mixture and leave it aside for five minutes.
- When the mixture thickens, add one spoon of honey to it.
- Apply this mixture on the face and scrub in circular movements for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
You can use this scrub twice a week for better results.
Sugar can make an excellent exfoliator. All you need is sugar, water and some drops of orange, lemon, lavender or tea tree essential oil.
How to use:
- Combine 1 teaspoon of sugar with 2 drops of water and 2 drops of any of the essential oils mentioned above.
- Gently rub this mixture on your face and scrub using finger tips.
- Wash off with cool water.
Essential oil is optional and you can use coconut oil instead.
- Chocolate is rich in antioxidants and has high anti-aging properties. Chocolate improves the production of collagen, hydrates skin and make your face glow and silky smooth.
How to use
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of melted dark chocolate, one cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons ground coffee and half a cup coconut oil.
- Now mix all these ingredients and store it in an air-tight jar.
- And when you want to use it, take a few spoonfuls and heat it for some time to get the perfect exfoliator to make your soft.
- After scrubbing, wash off with warm water.
4. Coconut Milk and Almond
This scrub will help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
How to use:
- Take four tablespoons of grounded almond and mix it with one cup of grounded oats.
- Add coconut milk to the mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Scrub your skin with this skin to get a soft and supple skin.
5. Lemon and Sugar
Lemon can be used as a de-tanning agent. Lemon is full natural exfoliants that removes dead skin cells and help in clearing blackheads, acne and discolouration.
How to use:
- Mix 2 tablespoons lemon juice with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Now add half a cup granulated sugar.
- Use this mixture as a scrub and rub gently into the skin in circular movements.
- Rinse off with warm water.
6. Tomato and yogurt
Tomato is known to remove tan easily from your skin. And yogurt acts as natural bleach which will lighten your skin tone. So, a combination of these two will work wonders on your skin.
How to Use:
- Take 2 teaspoons of tomato pulp and yogurt each and mix a spoonful of lemon juice to them.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it dry and wash your face.
This pack helps you to get rid of the dark tanner layer of your skin.
7. Rice and Honey
Rice is known for its exfoliating and skin brightening properties. Honey helps the skin ti heal and hydrate.
How to use:
- Take two tablespoons of rice and grind them coarsely.
- Add honey to it to make a thick paste.
- Apply this scrub to a clean face and massage with light strokes.
- Wash off with Luke warm water.
Exfoliation will make wonders on your dull and tired skin as it unclogs pores and pave way for a brighter complexion. Here is what you have to remember while exfoliating.
- Choose the right product suitable to your skin type.
- Always massage in circular movements.
- After exfoliation wash tour face and use a moisturiser or hydrating serum to lock in the moisture before sleeping.
- Exfoliate twice a week. Overdoing it can harm your skin.