Are you suffering from acne on the forehead? Yup, it is the most common skin condition which affects many people. Acne on your forehead gives you a bad-look that affects your psyche and makes you notable. It also causes irritation and pain. For girls, forehead pimple spoils their beauty and it’s arduous to tuck away.
This article gives you a better understanding of the causes and prevention of acne. Apart from this, it also creates awareness among people to do away with the forehead pimples.
What is a Pimple?
A pimple is a common skin issue that comes about when pores of the skin get clogged with dirt, dead skin cells, bacteria and oil (sebum) which is produced by sebaceous gland.
Pimples can occur mostly on the face, chest, shoulders, arms and back. There is a T-zone on the face where the skin is usually oily thereby promoting the formation of pimples over that zone. Upon face, forehead is the most common area to be affected as it is a part of T-zone. Moreover, the forehead acne is easy to treat.
Are you confused with acne over pimples?
Acne is the infected clogged pores. When the dead skin cells in the clogged pores aren’t flushed off, it gets combined with the oil or sweat which is trapped inside leading to the formation of a pimple.
Then what is a black head? It is nothing but small bumps on forehead not pimples. It is considered as a mild type of acne. These bumps occur due to the clogged hair follicles where the surface darkens.
Acne is the initial stages of infected skin pores. When the condition worsens, that might lead to the formation of whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, nodules and cysts.
What are the Reasons for Causing Pimples on Forehead?
The factors which block the skin pores of forehead that triggers the formation of forehead pimples are as follows.
- Hormonal changes during menstruation which increase the production of sebum from sebaceous glands.
- Stress is also considered as a reason for the skin breakouts. Stress increases the production of sebum which blocks the pores.
- The growth of P. acnes into skin pores promote the infection which lead the way to forehead acne.
- Poor hygiene is a predominant factor for forehead acne formation. Irregular hair and face wash might lead to the deposition of oil on your forehead which can block the skin pores.
- Certain types of medicines like anticonvulsants, steroids and barbiturates can provoke acne.
- Usage of hair care products such as oils, gels or waxes.
- Comedogenic cosmetics which can irritate your skin.
- Wearing hats and other clothes over the forehead end up in the formation of sweat.
- Frequent touching on the forehead with hands.
- Hair-styling and straightening products kindle the formation of acne and that acne is known as pomade acne.
- Dandruff, a major cause for forehead acne.
- An oily scalp can clog the forehead skin pores.
- Over-exfoliating might clog your skin pores with dead cells.
- Squeezing or touching the acne will spread the infection to some other areas on your face.
- Oily foods like fried items and dairy products can arouse forehead acne.
- Specific skin conditions also give rise to forehead acne which include cellulitis, folliculitis, contact dermatitis, rosacea, etc.,
Preventive Measures for Forehead Pimples
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” as this proverb implies, it is more important to prevent any health issues than to take treatment for it. We suggest you to follow these preventive measures to avoid the occurrence of pimples on forehead.
- Always maintain your personal hygiene. Regular washing with gentle cleanser prevents the occurrence of breakouts.
- Have a face wash as soon as you reach home and it is obligatory for the sports person.
- Avoid covering your forehead with clothes and close-fitting hats.
- Prefer deep cleansing by using face scrubs.
- Do not use chemical and harsh cosmetic products on your forehead.
- Prefer non-comedogenic skin care products.
- Always do away with your make-up before going to bed.
- Do not touch your forehead often with your hands which might be contaminated.
- Have a regular hand wash throughout the day.
- Always have regular exercise which improves the blood circulation and reduces stress thereby combating acne.
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun so that it prevents the formation of sweat on your forehead.
- Have a regular hair wash and treat greasy hair as soon as possible.
- Oil in your hair can cause breakouts so avoid styling your hair with bangs.
- Stick to the low glycemic diet.
- Stay cool and relaxed. Don’t be stressed which provokes acne due to the hormonal changes.
- Engage yourself in yoga, meditation and also have enough sleep which can reduce stress.
- Just cut back the intake of dairy products.
- Headbands can trigger the formation of sweat on your forehead so avoid using it.
- Take fish oil supplements that contain omega-3 fatty acids that help in the regulation of sebum production.
- Exfoliate regularly and this procedure helps in removing the topmost dead skin cells.
Hope, you have gained a lot of information regarding the pimples on forehead along with the preventive measures. Just follow the good skin care routine to do away with the forehead acne and get a healthy and glowy skin!