It is common to see people suffering from lip line pimple as it affects their beauty and personality. Everyone wants to keep a full stop for this displeasing skin condition. Step out the lip line pimple and say bye to it by following the upcoming ways to get a pimple free skin.
Ways to Get Rid of Pimple on Lip Line
Do you think the pimple on lip line won’t go away? Don’t worry! To do away with this problem, there are some effective ways. These treatment remedies are simple and easy to follow. Some of them are home remedies and you can see to the noticeable difference within a few days and the remedies are listed below briefly.
1. Lemon Juice
As we all know, the anti-bacterial effect of citric acid in lemon juice wards off the bacteria in the pimple region. Lemon juice has an astringent property which helps to exile the abundant oil from skin pores by constricting the body tissues.
Take a cotton ball and dip it in the fresh lemon juice. Apply it over the lip line pimple and allow it to dry. Wash off after a few minutes. You can re-apply this thrice daily for effective results. For sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with water and go with the procedure.
The antimicrobial properties of the organic acid in tomato clear off the bacteria from the skin pores. Vitamin C in tomatoes repairs the damaged skin cells over the affected region and heals it without leaving a scar.
Take a small tomato and rub the pulp at the pimples. Leave it for 20 minutes and wash off. You can try this two to three times a day.
3. Turmeric Paste
The antimicrobial property of turmeric powder removes the dirt and bacteria inside the skin pores. It reduces the infection along with its inflammatory signs. Turmeric powder also heals your pimples and wards off the scars.
Take a teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it to a paste by adding water to it. Apply it over the affected region before going to bed. Rinse it off with water, the next morning. Do this procedure twice daily for an added effect.
Honey’s anti-bacterial effect has an impact over certain strains of bacteria as its PH level is lower. It creates an uncomfortable zone for bacteria. Thus it wards off the bacteria and dries out the pimples over the lip line.
This procedure is very simple to carry out. Just apply raw organic honey on the affected region and leave it for few minutes and rinse it off. Do this thrice a day to reap better effects.
5. Tea Tree Oil
The application of tea tree oil is one of the best remedies for treating acne. This oil has the potency to kill the bacteria causing pimples.
Get two drops of tea tree oil and dilute it with one tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Rub it over the lip line region using a cotton swab. Set it free for 10 minutes and have a wash. Go with this process twice a day to get rid of lip line pimple.
6. Castor Oil
Castor oil is capable of absorbing dirt and impurities present inside the skin pores. This cleanses and unclogs the pores. Castor oil defends the bacteria causing acne due to its anti-bacterial effect.
Mix a tablespoon of castor oil with 1-2 drops of basil oil or eucalyptus oil or neem oil. Now apply this mixture on the lip line pimple. Do this before going to bed. Next morning, have a face wash with a mild cleanser. Try this out daily to get clear skin.
7. Hot or Cold Compress
Giving hot or cold compression is one of the best options for treating lip line pimple. Application of ice constricts the skin pores which expel the oil, dirt or bacteria out of it. It even reduces swelling and inflammation of the acne.
Hot compression also reduces swelling. It increases the blood flow to that particular area and improves healing.
Apply hot compression on the affected region with a clean towel dipping in hot water. Else, rub the ice covered with a towel over the pimple for few minutes. Give a gentle press on it. Repeat it twice daily for better results.
The anti-bacterial agents in toothpaste defend the bacteria causing acne. The presence of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide help to shrink and dry out the acne and improves healing. Menthol in toothpaste provides a cooling effect and relieves the pain temporarily.
Take non-gel toothpaste. Apply it on the affected region after cleansing your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Then wipe it off with a damp washcloth. Repeat it twice in a day.
If you feel any irritation and excess drying in that particular area, immediately stop applying toothpaste on the acne region as it might worsen the condition. Avoid using whitening and gel type toothpaste for acne treatment.
Tips for the Prevention of Lip Line Pimple
Here comes the preventive measures which put a stop to the formation of a pimple on lip line
- Wash your face twice daily that keeps your skin out of the dirt.
- Always give preference to soft creams and soaps.
- Do not use harsh skin care products.
- Avoid using the lip balm and lip gloss as the wax in it will clog the skin pores causing lip line acne.
- Go with a healthy diet which includes fresh fruits and veggies.
- Use fragrance-free toothpaste.
- Go with the fragrance-free cosmetics and lip care products.
- Never share your cosmetic items.
- Try to avoid oil-based makeup.
- Keep yourself away from prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Do not squeeze or touch the pimple on a lip.
- Do not touch your face with contaminated hands.
- It’s always necessary to exfoliate your skin twice in a week.
- Have a habit of washing your mouth after eating.
- Clear up the lipstick and makeup before going to bed.
- Use exfoliating liquids after lip waxing as it cleanses the pores from dirt and dead cells thus preventing the blockage.
- Do not scrub the skin and avoid using irritating products.
- Be relaxed and stress-free.
- Drink plenty of water as it helps to flush out and cleanse your skin and it also aids in reducing acne.
- Have citrus fruits like lemon, orange, and grapes which are rich in alpha hydroxy acids. This helps the skin pores to open.
- Avoid fried and fatty foods.
- Have a habit of wiping your mouth after having any food items. The food residues around your mouth feed the bacteria present over there. This causes infection and inflammation over the lip line area.
- Brush your lips on regular basis to remove the dirt and bacteria from skin pores.
We hope you have found the best ways on how to get rid of a pimple on the lip. In order to escape form lip line pimple it is advisable to follow the above-mentioned precautions to get clear skin.